The professional jury has selected the ten startups coming from Austria, Croatia, Hungary, Romania and the United Kingdom that compete for the 150.000-euro investment offer on 3 June in Akvarium Klub Budapest. Among the shortlisted are exciting projects such as a technology based on artificial intelligence, a network for connecting sport professionals and a platform which eases the lives of people suffering from cardiovascular disease. The competition is held again at Brain Bar Budapest.
The latest round of Blastoff is coming soon. Out of the 35 candidates who entered the first round, 10 may start off the finals, right after the video interviews provided by Indivizo have been evaluated:
- CareToPets provides care for pets during travel,
- Chempass is based on artificial intelligence and increases the productivity of organic and medicinal chemistry,
- Collactorism is the world’s largest online collectors club,
- Fishpointer is a social search engine for fishing related locations,
- Kontra Chess brings an edgier, more dynamic experience to chess,
- Playerhunter aims to create equal opportunity for sport talents across the world,
- Skazka Girl is an online wardrobe offering clothes for every occasion,
- Smartill is a digital system integrating card payments and other payment methods,
- vHeart is a smart telemedicine platform, and
- Xeropan supports interactive English teaching.
All these startups may prove themselves on June 3rd. The finals are an exciting program not only for the participants but also for the audience. The best startups will have the chance to show their projects in three minutes, and for the first time in this year they receive a professional presentation training from Impact Works before the last challenge takes place.
The members of the jury are amongst others András Batiz, owner and CEO of Impact Works, Jozef Vodicka, Developer Relations Regional Lead of Google, South CEE, as well as the members of Power Angels and the representatives of OXO Ventures. The London-based moderator, Josh McNorton ensures the dynamism and the professionalism of the show. Recently, he hosted a session at IBTM World in Barcelona.
“We are glad to have more than hundred applicants this year. Thanks to our successful communication campaign this year’s field is stronger than ever. It was difficult to select after the first round and after the video interviews as well, but now we finally have the ten shortlisted. We are excited to see how the most promising startups will prove themselves live. The presentation training before the competition will surely give them every tool to stand as real professionals on stage and to get the maximum out of their selves” – said Péter Oszkó.
The winner of Blastoff gets a 150.000-euro investment offer from Power Angels, the A-Team of the regional angel investor scene, and takes part in a six-months accelerator program provided by OXO Labs.
In addition, the competitors may receive special awards such as a six months integrated communication service from ENGINY, communication coaching support from Impact Works, Microsoft Azure credits for a year and participation in a week-long Launchpad Program.
Anyone can watch the program either with a ticket for Brain Bar Budapest or with a ticket separately valid for the finals.