One of the most renowned global accelerators is opening its new round. Interested teams can apply to Techstars London until April 9th, 2017. Slovak STARTUP is helping Techstars London to look for the most interesting startups from Europe.
What is Techstars?
Founded in Boulder, Colorado by David Cohen, Brad Feld, David Brown, and Jared Polis, Techstars’ acceleration program has gained a stellar reputation in the startup community all over the world. Since 2006, it has spread into 15 cities.
Some of the Techstars branches stand on their own such as New York, London or Berlin. Others, such as the one in Hollywood – The Cedars-Sinai Innovation Space and Techstars Healthcare, in Partnership with Cedars-Sinai – form a synergy of cooperation with corporations aimed at startups from a specific field. Techstars network has already accepted over 800 companies.
Techstars London, being in the market since its first Fall round in 2013, has accelerated more than 50 projects, which received a total funding over 100 mil USD. Osper, QuanTemplate, Mainframe, Lingvist, Lystable, NomNom, or Didimon, to mention some of the highest-funded alumni companies.
The main aim of Techstars London is to help companies throughout Europe, to #givefirst and tell you more about the Techstars’ approach to entrepreneurship.
The acceleration program takes place from July 17 to October 10, 2017. That makes it an intensive 13-week experience for all the participating projects. Teams are going to meet more than 100 mentors helping them actively. They will complete a mini-MBA program covering everything the company needs to know from branding to financial models to running a board, etc.
Demo Day as the final event of the program is a 5-min chance for startups to pitch their ideas in front of 600 people and potential investors. And this pitch “will be the best pitch of their lives,” as the Executive Manager of Techstars London, Max Kelly, puts it.
On top of the acceleration in a 90-day Techstars program with intense, hands-on mentorship from Techstars Mentors, a $100,000 convertible note is automatically offered to all Techstars companies upon acceptance and $20,000 in exchange for 6% common stock.
In addition, you’ll have access to Techstars resources for life, connections to the Techstars Network of over 5,000 founders, alumni and mentors globally, 400 perks worth over $1M, office space for three months, Demo Day and other investor connections, Equity Back Guarantee, the only one of its kind in the industry.
Historically, Techstars companies go on to average more than $2M raised in outside capital after the program.
Where and how can you meet Techstars team?
The team of Techstars London is visiting cities across Europe, doing Office Hours with local startups and hosting a meetup. If interested, sign up for the meetups in your city below:
- Tallinn with Garage48 – 8th February – Sign up here
- Madrid with Campus Madrid – 24th February – Sign up here
- Barcelona – TBD
- Lisbon with Beta-i – 3rd March – Sign up here
- Vienna with Sektor5 – 10th March – Sign up here
- Bucharest with TechHub – 13th March – Sign up here
- Sofia with Launchub – 15th March – Sign up here
- Kiev with iHub – 17th March – Sign up here
- Stockholm with Sup46 – 17th March – Sign up here
- Berlin with Factory – 22nd March – Sign up here
- London with Campus – 30th March – Sign up here
If you want to meet the team one on one, receive mentoring and advice, sign up for the Office Hours here:
Apart from the meetups and office hours across Europe, Techstars London organized the following webinars and Q&A sessions and is delighted to invite you to join:
- Tuesday, January 24th, 5:00 PM GMT – Webinar #1 – Sign up here
- Tuesday, February 14th, 5:00 PM GMT – Webinar #2 – Sign up here
- Tuesday, March 7th, 5:00 PM GMT – Webinar #3 – Sign up here
- Tuesday, March 21st, 5:00 PM GMT – Webinar #4 – Sign up here
- Tuesday, April 4th, 5:00 PM GMT – Webinar #5 – Sign up here